Too often, fundamental communication techniques are also forgotten by individuals and organizations. The results can be devastating. Missed communication fundamentals can:
- Create misunderstanding, confusion, and inefficiencies
- Erode relationships, teamwork, and collaboration
- Shutdown innovation and creativity
- Increase resistance to change
- Sink customer service and recovery efforts
- Drive higher attrition, absenteeism, and employee disengagement
- Poor communication leads to project failure 1/3rd of the time
- A business with 100 employees spends an average downtime of 17 hrs. per week clarifying communication. That equates to an annual cost of over $500K.
- HR professionals estimate that 80% of people who fail jobs do so because they can’t listen or communicate effectively.
- 20-30% of what a sender intended to be heard is not understood by the receiver
- Average person can only go 17 seconds before interrupting or interjecting
- 49% of constructive feedback is naturally filtered out by the receiver
- People following directions with text and illustrations do 300+% better than only text
- Texting has a 99% open rate – emails 30%
- high tech and high touch communication strategies
- communication processes that continually inform, teach, and reinforce fundamental communication skills such as providing clarity, active listening, and giving & accepting feedback
- communication accountability for sharing information, generating understanding, and reinforcing key messages
- actions and words that are aligned to build trust and connection
- full engagement where communication is consistently done the right way, at the right time, for the right reason
Are you ready to tackle your communication challenges?
** We offer a keynote and workshop on - “I Wish Someone Would Communicate Around Here” **